Day 4 of CNY. It's supposed to be a big family gathering. Supposed. I guess I've been too inflexible with the changes no mater how minor that's been happening. I have expectations and when it doesn't go perfectly according to plan, I sulk and feel down about it.
So what happened was the host family invited some friends over and naturally everyone is busy entertaining their friends. I expected something and it didn't happen. Why do I even let that bother me when I had a good time doing something else. I am slowly losing it, over nothing. But feelings in me has been weird. Perhaps the business startup is stressing me and I'm not allowing it cuz it's stupid. I don't know. But it's been weird. I'm not functioning as usual, that much I know.
------
My 3 week old watch died on me. On a night that I wasn't even drunk. What on earth happened my dear watch. And it costed a bomb for something that lasted 3 weeks. Dammit.
-----
On gambling
Seeing the young people, most perhaps still studying, gambling their red packet money away. I understand red packet money to be blessings from the grown ups, call me conservative old fashioned and lousy, but gambling it away. Hmm. It's very bad. Gambling should be banned, for good. Flaunting money for fun, it's the international culture eh?
-----
On drinking
Maybe being young means going all out and get wasted at least once or you haven't lived. If so then I haven't lived a single day in my life. Being a grown up doesn't mean you have to do all the things you can't legally do as a child, like drinking smoking watching 18-rated movies etc. It just means you're allowed, and you can do it, But you don't have to.
I think I'm getting old, and old fashioned. closed minded, lousy, what else. But I'm feeling so sour and bitter about all these people spending their time so differently than mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment