I've never really been grateful. I've been grateful, but I realised that I haven't been really grateful till now.
being unreligious, I'd say the same ol script when we go to temples or churches. "I pray for everyone's health and joy, may the students study well and the grown ups work well." That has been my half hearted script every single time. My mum would nag me to ask for more every time, her instructions varies from asking for wealth, prosperity in the business, to being blessed with healthy relationships or romantic relationships etc you name it. But I always say the same.
This trip to Bangkok, there were many shrines and temples. And I started playing some of my favorite worship songs too. To my own surprise, instead of asking for more joy and health, instinctively I gave thanks.
Thank you for guiding me through the hard times, and bringing me here today. Thank you for the beautiful people who are or were in my life.
For I am truly grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment