사랑하니까

My Korean kids are gone back to Korea, either for holidays or for good.
Now there are 2 left. One who speaks fluently, and one 2 year old who is catching up on English very quickly. So I have nobody to practise my Korean with.

Yesterday the girl asked me why Eric wants to sit with me (coincidence). "Because Eric likes me," I said playfully. "Why?!" she insisted on a real explanation. "좋아해서" (because he likes), and she looked at me blankly (she has this language fixate-ness that I only speak English and not Mandarin or Korean or anything else, or she'll take a more than longer time to comprehend)

So I repeated with a stronger word, "사랑하니까" and she laughed in disbelief.


Today during lunch there was one seat left beside her so I sat down beside her.

"Why you sit with me?"
"사랑해서. 사랑하니까."
"no~" she shook her head.
"왜애애? 나 안사랑해?"
she shook her head even more.
"eeh" I shrugged it off.

This girl. *sigh*

No comments: