I told you

3 year old KJ hopped onto my car, and after a short while, he requested for some songs.
"I want to sing the Wiggles (Australian Children band I think)"
I turned on the player, and it so happened that the track was sang by the Wiggles.
"I want to sing the Wiggles," he said.
"This is the Wiggles."
"No it's not, it's a duck song." (it was a song about ducks)
"The wiggles sang it," I said.
"The wiggles sang it?"
"Yeah, the wiggles sang it."
"I want 'the wiggles sang it'!" he exclaimed.
"No, I mean the wiggles sang this song."
"The wiggles sang it?" he repeated, tone indicating that he still thought that it was a song title.

Then the song ended and came another Wiggle song (thank goodness for that!)
"Oh, it's the Wiggles!" he was happy at last.
"I toldyou so." I told him.
"You toast me?"
"No, I said, I toldyou so."
"You, toast, me?"
"Told. I. Told. You. So. Told." I said really slow and clearly.
"Told? You told me?"
"Yeah, I told. You. So."

No comments: