The child is very emphatic, feels very sad when she watches movies/ cartoons that hit each other/ falls down (think: Tom and Jerry). She feels sad and pain when her friend complains of pain in the hand/body. She cries when she's left alone (still within sight, but not 100% attention), and cries in worry that her parents will not come pick her up from school (though she's assured a gazillion times a day).
Somehow I feel that it's her way of trying to seek attention, but seeing how she's so sensitive to rejection and fear of being abandoned, the extreme sadness that she portrays in the blink of an eye really scares me. I used to see joy in her, but now, I am not sure if she's happy. I think I need to talk to someone about this, just to have a clearer picture of depression in young children, before consulting the parents and scare them away.
No comments:
Post a Comment