I graded the intern colleague for her practicum. I didn't feel powerful and authorized like I imagined I would. Instead, I felt obligated to conform and be nice and lenient.
After twice assessing, from pretty good marks to even better, I was asked to add the marks again. Frankly I wasn't in a great friendly mood due to some dissatisfaction of the person after some observation and feedback (don't worry about the confusion as this sentence is not written for anyone's understanding of the situation). Anyways. I felt cornered and obligated to add marks, though I felt awfully disgusted by the greed and discontentment.
After some persuasion I did complied like a brainless idiot, and after the girls recalculated their new marks, they expressed that the points I added just added 0.5 marks, which makes no difference at all. Excuse me?
I don't wanna say this cuz I don't wanna compare, but back in HELP, we would fight and be so happy even for 0.1 marks for it makes all the difference in the world (thanks to Ms Winnee for the enlightenment and brainwash!!). I gave her 4 marks extra and added a 0.5 percent in her total grade and that's all she can say? I felt so sad and disappointed. Very.
It proved my observation right indeed. Suddenly I became negative and distrustful.
No comments:
Post a Comment