Cry

Boey was not here today. I don't know, do kids fall sick for a few days straight, or it's quite serious?

-----

The 4 year old was throwing his pillows around when one fell in front of me. I picked it up and told him I'm taking it since he doesn't want it anymore as he was throwing it around. Usually he would go soft and do a little begging or joke around trying to cheat the thing back, but he started saying mean things, and it got me really upset. He used to say those mean things like, "I will throw my bottle at you", "I don't want you anymore", "I tell my dad to be angry at you" but now he's got rid of that bad habit, it's back again. I didn't know what else to say other than "That's not a nice thing to say" and "If you throw your blanket, you don't want it anymore, I'm going to keep it" which got him even more upset.

Soon he started crying. Crap. I tried being firm, I tried being soft but he kept crying and crying. I thought he was sick, then thought he's really tired. He wiped his mucus on his blanket, and when I tried to stop him he seemed distracted that his blanket is now gooey. So I jumped up and ge tissue, wiped his nose for him, and wa-lah~ that made him stop crying.

Gosh, sometimes kids can be so complicated and difficult to understand, but sometimes they just wanna know that we care.

He was really tired by the way. He dozed off almost immediately after.

No comments: