I've never liked school libraries. I've never ever borrowed any books from the library since I stopped high school. Perhaps this has something to do with the one very upsetting misunderstanding with my high school library.
Well anyways. Today I decided to go borrow a book, as my sup advised me to go borrow it for my thesis. So I went. The moldy smell of the carpet, urgh. So that's why I dislike the school library huh. So I went around the shelves and found some interesting books on play therapy. And got the manual my sup was telling me about.
I stayed in there for almost 2 hours. Flipping through the dusty-oh-germy manual, reading the i-wonder-how-many-dirty-hands-have-touched-this play therapy books.
I didn't borrow any books. I just left before the traffic starts to kill drivers. On the way out I stopped for security check. The librarian pushed through my jacket to see if I stole any books. I just felt, wth, why do you have to touch my things. That's why I don't like school libraries.
Anyhoos it was an experience, enjoying the not functioning internet, breathing in the bacterias jumping on the pages, smelling the not-yummie carpet, and just be there, in the silence. It felt good, to be unrestricted of my time, I just hung out for as long as I wanted to, to my own pleasure. It was my choice to stay or leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment