Opening Ceremony

I was watching the opening ceremony of the expo 2010 thingy, live on CCTV1.

I dunno,
I expected it to be big and amazing.
Maybe I had too high expectations, it turned out boring to me. Slow and boring, and meaningless.

Somehow I felt the Special Olympics 2007's opening ceremony was way better.
It was more meaningful and fast paced.
Ok, maybe I was there.
But I still find this one not so interesting. The meanings of the events are not clear, not understood until the spokesperson narrated and explained.
OK maybe I'm dumb.
Still, it could have been better.

The last part was supposed to be the fireworks display, they had all the guests to go out of hte stadium and sit at the riverfront to watch the fireworks display there. Pretty creative if you ask me, how they make use of that river and incorporate other elements other than just fireworks. Fireworks can be a nuissance if watched from close distance. The special olympics 2007 one was real close to the audience and everyone ended up coughing in smoke. Talk about pollution.

And there they go, having the LCD balls and flags on ships to float downstream, real slowly. OMG that took forever. They could have had more stuff in between.
Narration in Mandarin isn't that exciting since many people there can't understand Chinese.
There was a big odd shaped screen with lots of stuff flashing, but it's just unclear and random. Ocassaionaly they had fireworks, little bunch big bunch, which makes you think the event is over,
until they still waited for the ships to float away....

Huh?

China has been the point of focus for many events lately. Special Olympics ShangHai in 2007, Olympics Beijing in 2008 and expo ShangHai now in 2010.
I was there in ShangHai's S.O. World Summer Games 2007,
can't recall anything of the Olympics' opening ceremony,
but this one just disappoints me.

No comments: