What Happened in Vegas

I know this is long ago. But I still owe my blog an explanation on my traveling in the West Coast of USA. So here goes, our Vegas trip without visiting to the Grand Canyon,
so near yet so far= so waste. Grr

Traveling by bus from San Francisco to LA to Vegas. It took a night and a morning.
The traveling was pretty boring and tiring due to the desert. And hot weather. It was pretty much nothing but nothing-ness. So it was sleep sleep and more catch up with snooze.
Upon reaching we checked into the hotel. Which was situated way away from both old Las Vegas and the Strip. Basically we were just out there, in a luxury apartment style hotel, in the desert. Lucky thing it's real comfrotable, or else!
Without wasting time (actually we did bathe cuz it was freakin' hot, and wash our clothes, cuz there was washing machine oh my goodness luxury! and lazed a bit) we went exploring the infamous Strip.
Day time, night time, it's equally hot. Dry and hot, hot and dry, just like a humongus sauna.
The Las Vegas Boulevard was actually quite long. We didn't go into most hotels though, due to dumbness. We watched the water fountain in front of the B... I forgot the name. Bellagio (after googling it). There was Paris, Planet Hollywood, Ceasar Palace, MGM, New York New York, the Venetian etc etc ( go google lah k).

Cuz we were so stingy and petty and couldn't agree on something we actually did not watch any shows. YES we did NOT watch ANY. So much for going all the way to Vegas. We did walk pass a lot of casinos though. But none of us are gamblers so yea that was pretty much it, walking by to enjoy the air conditioner and watch some random shows in MGM and Circus Circus and Rio.

The best place was M&Ms World which was awesome! But I didn't get anything cuz obviously everything is overpriced. Or so I thought. Ok, I'm super stingy so what. Plus my luggage was ectually exploding/exploded I had to use SweeMun's already broken luggage. See how desperate I was?
M&M's World was so awesome with loads and loads of M&Ms merchandices: soft toys, toys, M&M decoratives, cups, candles, forks, spoons, boxes and a lot of things to see including the M&M factory tour and some show and lots of cool things like M&Ms guitar and M&Ms Sports car etc etc etc
Everyone in the world should go! Ok, maybe just M&Ms Fans should go!
But who isn't M&Ms' fan?

We actually stayed for one and a half day in Vegas. One and a quarter to be more precise.
And we had Vegas' McD! And also tried Panda Express. Cuz cheap-mah. And as you can see from the above picture I had 2 McD ice-cream at once because it was so cheap!
Only USD50cents for one. I think I had at least 3 or 4 on that 1 1/2 day itself.
Blame the weather k.

The next day we took the hotel van to the strip again. And decided to walk to the infamous Las Vegas sign.
I seriously think we were mad and super stingy for walking so far, (SweeMun almost died I think) but it was worth it because we took a picture with the stupid sign.
Reminder: it was 110 degrees fareinheit. Hello?!

And on the way back we walked pass this wedding chapel. Many people get married in Vegas, for some weird reason. cuz it's so hot I think people just go out of their minds but none of my business so I'm just gonna shut up now just in case someone got/getting married there is reading this.
Even major hotels have wedding halls in the midst of the casino. Gosh. Imagine you're gambling suddenly you're invited to some random guy's wedding, which most probably was intoxicated.

See picture below: There was a couple getting married that they so our bunch went to take pictures with them and congratulated them.
Good thing about this place is that almost everybody walks or drive or take the bus, so there's always a bunch of people, Americans and tourists walking/driving/taking bus up and down the strip.

One moment we're in front of the Egyptian pyramid, then Eiffel Tower, next we're at New York New York, then we're at Planet Hollywood, then at the Venetian, we travelled the world by walking! And every building is so distinct from one another, interior decorations were awesome, it's just so hard to imagine all in one street (or Boulevard as they call it).

Random Note: Many people were giving out cards of naked women too. But I guess we were all girls so they didn't give us.

The night before we left we were rushing cuz we kind of got lost taking the train and realizing it was within walking distance, conclusion: huge confusion.
We bought Panda Express to go and on the way walking back the Pirate ship was having a show therefore there was a HUGE crowd on the pedestrain path causing a huge jam/stuck/sardine. We couldn't move a bit more so we climbed the fence down to the road, where pedestrains are not supposed to walk in the first place. Grr.
Some of us (our bunch of 4 go figure who's the sissy) are man enough to climb over, some are just too princess, but in the end after getting a scolding everyone did cross the shaky fence and jumped onto the road. In the end we did make it in time to go back to the hotel and check out and catch our bus back to LA!

So next stop is LA for 6 and a half days. =)

Vegas wasn't all fancy and amazing for me. I'd go Grand Canyon for sure next time.
No shows, no gambling, no clubbing, no prostitutes, Vegas is just boring for me.
It was a failure trip. Nonetheless still an experience.

3 comments:

Ling said...

Siew Ooi and you were so "woo hoo" at that time...hmm...

Khayshi said...

what woohoo?!

Ling said...

hehe, want me to say it out ah...both figure loh...hehe