I thought it'd be al faded by now

As summer ended, I thought I will forget about it by now.
As summer comes close, seeing people get confirmed for their ride positions, knowing that they'll be back the same this year, I know I still miss it a lot a lot.
Clicking on Kiddy Kingdom 2009 Crew's names on Facebook, going through their photos, I realized how much I've missed out then, also how much I'm missing those memories now.

I didn't hang out with the bunch at Louise's at night. I didn't go travel everywhere, go people's room and visit, I didn't hang out at Club Curb even once. But I did sit around and watch people walk and talk, smile and learned how to greet better, cherished the friendship with those people who were once total strangers and now miles apart.

Going through Dismas' photos I saw how tanned I was, which wasn't really an important thing. But I saw how tanned Rubin was, and remembered that he was an uncle and I used to dislike him from the first day he was there.

I saw pictures of our very first crew night at the bowling alley. I just sat and watched people bowl, stuffing my already full stomach with free-flow of pizzas. That night was so cold my feet... were on slippers cuz I thought it was a short walk, so did everybody else.
That walk back from the bowling alley to the dorm, Dismas was taking pictures of everything, the bus sign, TGI Fridays, everything he saw on the way. I remember teasing him for not being smart enough to get those pictures in a so much better color from the web since it's the same thing. He said it's different cuz he took it himself. Seeing those blurry, flashed ugly pictures on Facebook, I know he was right.
Whenever I hear people speaking in Indonesian I will remember how I once showed off to Dismas and Subi that night that I can understand Indonesian too. And they tested me but I failed horribly.

I remembered how Christopher wasn't our assistant team leader at first, who came to help out, but was disliked for no good reason. He turned out one of the nicest people I've known. And I realized I don't have a picture together with him.

And there was Tatiana who was so pretty and yet adventurous, she's been on so many exchange programs I believe she'll still in one right now. She never felt awkward talking to me, a person who rarely replies decently. I remember her inviting us over to her dorm to get her camera SD card.

That was Alexis offering to bring Lizzy and me to the mall, which turned out to be 2 hours away?! I thought she never liked me much, but I guess I was wrong. She was the best team leader (though I may only have only 1 team leader by then) who would give us extra hours knowing we want it. I remembered the first few days in uniform she came over to my ride and told me, "I like your glasses." She was so small and petite yet so powerful and always walks so fast and so cool, whenever I hear the clink-clank sound of keys banging together in a quick pace I'd know it's her, for she walks so fast than any other person-in-charge.

Leah, the 3rd-person-in-charge. She was always so cool and steady and smart. She's doing psychology too.

And Mina and Mo from Egypt, those two jokers. Roberto and Andres from ... Ok I didn't get to know them well cuz I'm anti social blah.

Stella from HongKong who converses so fluently in Mandarin and English, just like how the Hong Kong people are, she speaks like a bullet train. She came to Malaysia last December but I was not in.

Patty, Claire and Josh from Taiwan. Patty always wore the blue suit and pants all day long in the super hot summer just because she wanted to stay fair. Josh kept singing Jay Chow's "Busy Cowboy" ' bu yong mafan le, bu yong mafan le' (spare the trouble, spare the trouble) and laugh all by himself.

Jose with the sunglasses and hot girlfriend, Jeng with his always untuck shirt, Gabriela the girlie one who takes forever to change, Burak who kept repeating his tea leave prediction, Nicolae the lawyer to be and ran away, Brandon who proudly got transferred to Millennium Force, Stephanie the cool one, Jake the slow motion, Justin the cute, Jordan the apple of the eye fo many girls in the crew, Brittney who had a bad ankle or so I think, Tanya who invited us over to watch her favourite Edward Cullen, Berkay who likes to scare me in the middle of running a ride, Danni the sweet one, Hilary our bestest friend who took us Mini-Golfing, Burcu the always smiling one, Randi the cheerleader, Mirije the queen of laughter, Petya the motherly, Mackenzie Dragster who was always the friend, Rachel the pretty, Lauren the one who taught me how to run the midway carousel, Tomas who taught I was always trying to control him wth, Eric from Disaster Transport,

The supervisors: Micheal, Andrea and ... (omg I'm gonna kill myself) Oh! her name is Debra!

Also the dorm people: Stella the one with the laptop light shining face in the dark room, Breggit the jumpy excitable one, Ric the boyfriend, FengJiao, PuQun, Sue the roommate, Louisa the roommate's buddy with amazing accent, Marylee the admissions, Lulu the amazing sleeper, XiaoAng the chubby cute face, the girl whom we went to mall with

And those from Thailand whom we met on the bus/station. Pattra and ... (So sorry!). The HR Thais: NT and what's her name again. The bunch who asked if I know who Wonder Girls are and thought I knew how to dance 'Nobody'.

Plus those from Blue Streak: Scott the TL, Jose, Ryan or whatever the mean guy, Abdo whom I still owe his shirt, Elizabeth who praised me for being a quick learner.

Lastly those who I met randomly: James and Mary the super sweepers, Deangelo, Joy from Games Dept/China, Grace in San Francisco, Eysenck the famous inventory inventor's friend in LA.... etc etc lazy to type d.
K. Bye.

-----
Reupdate:
Gosh I wrote so much I forgot about what I was trying to convey.
The point is! I miss it so much. I wanna do it again.
If given the chance to do it again starting from 2009, I wouldn't change a bit. I'm glad of how I did it. And will improve my social skills if I get the chance to do it again this year, or the next.

No comments: