10 y/o genius

child prodigyso to call.
the parent happens to be a gifted child too. The siblings have been developing faster than average Is there any genetic influence?
One thing I can say is that at least the kid is not alone, he has his father who should more or less understand what's he going through cuz he's been there himself (although totally different era), and he has his siblings around.
Will it foster competition? or geniuses just don't care?

but what is gifted? being smarter than everyone all their lives? does the intelligence increase as they grow? say they're smarter than adults during childhood, will they go so smart so smart when they reach adolescence or adulthood, or they just remain the same smart-ness? (OK I know I sound real stupid now)
But then again how is smart-ness/intelligence measured? For a lay man, a child talking about something deep that I don't understand is smart, an adult talking something deep that I don't understand is smart, so, for a layman we'll never know if the child is getting smarter or well, just remains the same. Get?

No comments: