perhaps i'm never meant to be a counselor

had a small talk to the girl in the car. it seems my predictions were correct (afterall I'm a psych student), she feels insignificant, insecure and inferior and numbed to feel and have thought of suicide. *gasp*
I bet the parents don't know about this or anything deep of her.

I popped questions like "Why" "How do you define that" "so what?" etc and try to explain to her what some things meant like happiness, talent and friends, the difference between can't and doesn't etc. Not sure how well my message went across, not sure how much she understands and interprets correctly.

Worrying that she might think to the wrong directions I kind of made a short wrap up as we drive round hte block. I don't know what else to say than to share my piece of advise that may seem too vague for her...
Duty to warn perhaps, the parents who never seem to care? Or it's normal for a teenager to be insearch of her identity?

No comments: