caligynephobia: fear of beautiful women
xanthophobia: fear of the color yellow
anglophobia: fear of Englan or the English (I call it the Angmohphobia)
anthrophobia: fear of humans
cathisophobia: fear of sitting
arachibutyrophobia: fear of peanut butter sticking to roof of mouth (now that's something one should panic about!)
bibliophobia: fear of books (every student should get this! or at least fear the textbook)
cyberphobia: fear of computers
euphobia: fear of good news
geniophobia: fear of chins
linonophobia: fear of strings (lino-no-phobia? counter the fear?)
metrophobia: fear of peotry
novercaphobia: fear of one's stepmother ( I call it the too-much-cinderalla-story-syndrome)
optophobia: fear of opening ones eyes (I wonder if it comes suddenly or since birth)
parthophobia: fear of virgins
sinophobia: fear of Chinese/China
meningitophobia: fear of meningitis (how?!)
pentheraphobia: fear of mother-in-law (good one unless you're the mother-in-law)
interesting, interesting, isn't it? Though some phobias are really funny/cute/feel-like-nonsense but I guess people do suffer from it, no matter how absurd it may seem. That's the power of the human mind...
I personally absurdly fear a lot of stuff, but not to the extent of being phobic I guess. Thank goodness.
3 comments:
ei.. all this is real de ma?? very interesting lor.. so cute.. haha =)
though the source is not extremely credible but I guess there is some truth in it, I checked some other not-so-credible sites as well, but oh well... many other interesting ones. Try googling it.
this is really amazing wei~
i like!! =)
Post a Comment