We were watching some show, and K couldn't understand why the girl has to apply lotion for the boy. "Why does she have to do that? Can't he apply it himself?"
Frankly, I never understood why either. It's just that I never question, since it's just some show.
I guess I'll never understand why they really want to do all that mushie stuff...
M's friend is introducing her boyfriend to all her friends this weekend. "Sigh, when can I bring a boyfriend home to show my parents?" she said.
"Why should you want a boyfriend so fast? Enjoy life," I told her.
Then I thought of how Aunt K reminded me not to get a boyfriend so fast, not to get tied down and enjoy life first. "I know of people who are dating since young, and then got married. It's so boring to face the same person for so many years!" and that came from an adult married with 3 children and 1 grandchild.
It's amazing how the adults I know kept telling me not to go into a relationship so early, while the young people around kept sighing about not having a boyfriend.
The girl told me she had a crush on this classmate. I advised her to concentrate on her studies (seriously, 11 is too young for this). I know she will grow out of it as long as no one encourages it, but still, it's the TV shows characters that she's relating to.
How the themes of children cartoons has evolved has a great impact on children today. Being in a relationship is 'I like you, you like me', then we hold hands and kiss.
Not only that's the extremely wrong message to send to audiences, it's absolutely wrong to send it to children, who are their primary audiences.
Imagine the pattern of thoughts the children grow up with. So unhealthy.
Sigh...
4 comments:
for me, advice never ll apply to children. let them learn from what they did. ^^ its my principle.
they'll listen if they want to. they normally already know what is right or what is wrong, just wanting some confirmation.
As long as we don't encourage wrong behaviors, it's ok.
They got confused with the terms 'like' or 'love', watched too much hong kong drama etc. i guess.
It's not dramas that children are learning from. It's the Cartoon Network and Disney Channel and all those stuff on Astro.
If you watch High School Musical and all those movies targeting children, you'll find some really wrong message. There's where they learn from, all those Hannah Montana and stuff, all with lovey dovey messages.
Post a Comment