Scared of failure.
Scared of uncertainties.
Scared of hurting.
Scared of getting hurt.
Scared of attention.
Scared of trying.
Everyone is scared. Everyone is unsure, the difference between those who makes it and those who doesn't, is how they control their fear and how they are controlled by their fear.
There are so many things that I want and wanted to do, yet were held back because I fear. What if... But... It might... I have responsibilities... I keep living in fear of going out of the boundary that I have drawn to limit myself due to all these fears. I want to protect myself from hurting so I allow the fear to creep in.
There were so many things that I could have done if I had stopped thinking or worrying about it for a second. All my life I've been living in consideration, I'm barely prepared when opportunities go by, either in a flash or in a stroll. I'm never prepared because I'm always so busy thinking...
I saw this book in the store, called "The Woman who stayed in bed for a year". The book was about how a woman stayed in bed and refused to do anything else because that's what she wanted to be. And for once in her life she stopped being what everyone wants her to be, and truly just be herself. I envy her. I want to be her. That's what freedom is, to be free from other people's expectations and my limitations.
1 comment:
i watched this movie recently: i bought a zoo. the movie was alright, but one sentence kinda struck me, it says: allow yourself 20 seconds of insane bravery, just 20 seconds. arghh. 20 seconds.
Post a Comment