It's been utmost awkward, but not as bad as I pictured it to be. Perhaps I should have prepared myself and be positive, psych myself and get over with it with a light mood. But I didn't. I finished meeting up with the boss, got stuck in the jam, reached there a little dizzy (again). I told myself I'm just stressed, I should relax and be fine. I ate some food and got invited to talk to, and felt much better. Perhaps it was due to hunger, which my tummy has failed to tell me. Anyways.
After a short chat, I was requested to go explain what Musikgarten is about to 2 mummies, which was totally weird, but I did it, cuz I am weird. Let me explain, it is already weird to be at a party which I know no one well, and just float around wishing to be invisible, plus I need to answer some very surface talk with some random kind person, then have to explain some work related stuff and talk to a parent about how the child is in school...
We played a game, which I have failed my group terribly, but nonetheless fun. Then sang praise and workship and listened to testimonials. Then I was finally free to go. It was like the most thank goodness thing to see Auntie G.Hong at home. It was such a comfort than going back to an otherwise empty house. Some light conversations really took my mind off the stressful event...
I'm good with kids. I should tell myself I'm good with peers and adults too. It's just a party, and I'm going to get good at it. Though some simple analysing would reveal that I have regressed in my social skills, I'm going to get better at this.
No comments:
Post a Comment