The intern colleague got assessed today. Let's just say she haven't fully gotten classroom management yet. I would talk to her off and on, and she's slowly improving, but hmm, I don't think she performs as good as she thinks and today's assessment totally ruined her confidence. I'm not good in reading people, but I can tell she's not feeling herself today.
Anyways. I was expected to assess my fellow colleague of her performance, which I did. Frankly I refered to the others' marks and standards, I felt a strong pressure to rate a higher grade. Don't get me wrong, she's not all that bad, but it's just that my background from HELP has trained me to not take marks and grades for granted because they can be crude, and most importantly, unless you're near genius and creative in application, you will certainly won't get an A; and a B+ is what a rare above average student will get.
As I shared with another fellow colleague on my grading method, I frankly explained that if I were to grade according to my understanding of grades and my standard of expectation from an intern, it wouldn't be that amazing. I would never give Grade A for an average work.
No comments:
Post a Comment