Interns

There are new interns in our school. Early Childhood Education trained. I got one following me in my schedule, with the others following other teachers separately.

Initially I thought that would be a relief, finally I get a helper to have a lookout when the kids pee in their pants or need washing or whatever. Then I got worried when the kiddo started crying his heart out and not listening, that my ability is so foolishly low. For a moment I thought I'm subconsciously afraid that they are better than me and will replace me.

Then I realized how silly these thoughts are. Then a fellow colleague reassured me that I'm doing just fine and need to stop setting expectations that are too high. But then again I don't think the fellow colleague has really seen me handling a class. Then I realized how foolish I was to doubt myself in times of instability. They are here to learn from me and teach me, and we're gonna be happy colleagues. Afterall, a preschool is where people come to play and be happy and jolly about it. =)

No comments: