4

I deal with kids under and around 2 most of the time. They are literally speechless (unable to speak just yet) so when I see the 3 year olds jabbering about in their sentences they are so cute. When I see the 4 year olds being able to talk fluently and write, I somehow mis-expected them to be very big, able to express very well and think like an adult.

Only when I see their parents carry them, I realized, oh, they might be bigger and better, but they're just 4 year olds. They're the same age as HohoHin who are just starting to express in longer sentences, trying to make more sense of the world, trying to have more control over themselves and still a kid.

When I see them eye to eye everyday, the 4, 7 and 8 year olds look gigantic, almost like teenagers for they are the in-betweens to the 'babies' and the teachers. But they're not. They're just starting to write and understand the world and it's not fair to expect them to do so much or be mad at them for being unable to comprehend. I guess this is something that I need to remind myself a lot to stop seeing the kids as mini adults.

No comments: