I guess I can say I'm happy now. Though some people gave me that "huh-are-you-seriously-doing-such-a-job" look and asks me if this is a part time or permanent job when I tell that I got this job, I'm doing what I've always wanted to do. I'm not doing very well yet, still learning and changing and experimenting...
I heard what Wendy said last night, and thought of a few people I know. They're earning bigger bucks than I am, but they're not happy. Just like the many who fall into the same trap, they go for the money instead of the passion. Perhaps some haven't found their passion at first but when they realize the job is not for them they're afraid to change, for change is stressful. I hope for them to find their passion and go for it, for when work is something one enjoys doing so much, not only it becomes the so called career, it is not work anymore. It's like doing whatever one love so much everyday, never get sick of it and get paid for it even.
Mum used to tell me that success is not measured by how much you earn, but doing what you enjoy and being happy. When she told me to try working in a factory I was confused, for she is always right. Perhaps this sounds silly, but I was afraid that if I don't listen to her I would regret it, or she wouldn't support me. But I've learned that parents are not always right. She's not wrong, but at that period of time, I knew better what I wanted. I decided to go for it and decided not to regret it no matter what. I'm glad I decided for myself and I'm glad that she supports me.
3 comments:
happy for u. =)
Hope you are too. =)
Nice ending of a chapter and nice opening for another chapter. Wish you the best. ^^
Post a Comment