Ms W gave us really difficult quizzes last week, and marked the end of the quizzes for the semester for that subject.
Today after we hand in the assignment, she started counting the people in the class, "The class is very small today." This usually leads to her saying, "I have one hundred and fifty people in my class. There are only 140 of you now. Question one!"
So today when she started counting everyone too instinctively pulled out the quarter of an A4 paper and write their name. I did the same, follow my instincts, just in case she decides to punish those who did not come to give us a spelling quiz. Anyways. As we were waiting anxiously for her to finish counting, I told Serene who was sitting right beside me, "I don't get the point why everyone's so anxious. There are no more quizzes left you know." She agreed, as she was writting her name and student ID on the paper.
So Ms W decided that as much as she wants to punish those who did not come today, she isn't crazy about rewarding those who came either. "So what do you think? That I am soft?" "That sounds like I'm masuk angin or something."
Oh Ms W. She and her quizzes and rules and loud mumbling and all. I don't know if she likes the current batch more or that she's gotten used to the students she's been seeing for almost 3 years. But for this semester she's been much relaxed and joked a lot. I like this kind of her more, relaxed and more humane. YY used to say that I'm like Ms W, I don't know if she was meaning it in a positive or negative manner. But she is someone whom I admire a lot a lot. She is intelligent, fast paced, a person of principles, and means what she says. I know some people are intimidated by her, I do too. But I like her way, telling everything up front and sticking to everything that is said, no but's. That's how people should be isn't it? Science based, no nonsense, meaning what they say and not change their mind every 5 minutes.
I was just sitting in for one of her classes last week when I told myself, in a month's time, I'm going to miss her.
1 comment:
i meant it both positively & negatively! smart but scary! but ur scariness reducing ady hehe. dunno if it is good or bad~
Post a Comment