Meals

Despite having a tight budget, I had lunch with Kathleen, dinner with YanLing, YinYee and LaiThin. It was a nice nice day.

YY, YL and LT have graduated. All of them 'working' sorta. YY just started, LT starting soon, YL... part-timing. But I didn't feel out of place, I just felt that my thesis rants and assignment complaints are so insignificant and redundant to express.

I'm glad that we're moving on to another stage of life. Though she cried about fatigue (LOL at the use of word) from work, I'm still glad she is making the transition, and the supervisor sounded like a nice boss. I don't know, somehow, I feel we're really growing. I just hope for that innocence and moral and great values to stay and not be swayed by the societal influences and forces.

-----

We talked about getting married and having babies, in the very light tone. I expressed that I would marry a rich guy and use his money to do whatever I wanna do. YL said I was scary. I think I sounded like a materialistic money sucker.
They asked me what if I need to sleep with the person, what if he's old and wrinkly. I said I'd sleep (I thought we'd just sleep side by side, only to realize that they meant having sex =S), I said it's good to be old to die in a few years.

But I never really did thought of those before, for I don't think I'll ever do go marry someone rich just for the money. After all I'm a person with dignity and pride, and do not trust in dependence.
I don't know, we'll have to wait for time to come to see what kind of person I really am.

No comments: