Clubbin'

Last night we went clubbing, mum dad Jo and I.

We went into a 'club' and stood there like everybody else... If that was really what clubbing is about, it's really way more boring than I thought it would be.

Everyone stood with one drink in front of them. Some tapping to the rhythm of the extreme loud bass-music, some just stood there staring blankly. First impression other than the super loud bass, people look rather dumb standing in boredom in front of their drink.

So we stood there for hours. Slowly there arer more people, and some people go dancing at the narrow 'dance floor'. Hmm, looks like an expensive and air conditioned campfire, where people dance their awkward dance moves shouting to the 'singing' band.

Then count down to Merdeka, it was really really really weird to count down to the country's national day in a club, a freakin club. Yea like these people love their country. Man. Wrong place. I asked myself why I was even there. Bleh.

Like Prom, I've always thought clubbing is not something for me, something that I will just be fine with watching from the TV. But this 'eye opener' experience, like how mum would put it, was really eye opening. People don't dance to the music, they move their body uncoordinatedly. There is no room to talk, there are no chairs, most people just stand in front of their drinks, trying to shout into each others' ears. The bar tenders.... boringringringringring.

Nope, still don't understand why people go clubbing. Dress up in short skirts and thick make ups, buy overpriced drinks and stand in front of them like it's punishment. Can't talk, can't really dance...
Mum said I have to move to the music and enjoy the music to not feel so bored. Frankly I have more fun listening to the music from my phone/computer. She said it would be more fun to go with my friends, maybe. But I don't think it's really my thing, clubbin'.

No comments: