chatting over the dinner table, while waiting for the extra ordered dishes to arrive at the table.
it's cool to see people talking about psychology when they know it, though they did not get everythign correct, but it's obvious that they know more than any laymen do.
it's funny how she mentioned Aaron Beck. whoever he is, I thought he's in cognitive psych, but to mention cog psych to laymen was a little too much, oh well, not that i remember what he did anyways. Wait, let me google. Awesome, my memory sure serves me well, he's the father of cog psych. =)
Anyways. I told them the goal is not to solve the problem, but to help the person cope better. It's amusing how they insisted that it was 'curing' and solving the problem in that sense. Dad insisted that sometimes there is no solution, which I agree.
Depending on which stand you're from, the same symptoms are approached and treated differently from a psychiatrist, psychologist or a counselor's view. For these 3 are so similar from a laymen's perspective, I don't blame them for mixing it all together.
No comments:
Post a Comment